Realphones is a state-of-the-art software solution that expands the possibilities of using headphones for professional mixing and mastering.
Based on advanced research and development of the psychoacoustic modelling of human hearing, combined with acoustic measurements in numerous studio control rooms, our technology provides fidelity and confidence while estimating the main aspects of sound mix (levels, dynamics, equalisation, panning, stereo image, reverb, depth, etc.) with precise control over the full range of frequencies required for the mixing and mastering process.
The Realphones software solution is available as stand-alone application and VST or AU plug-in, compatible with the most DAWs supporting VST/AU technology.
Realphones provides you with confidence in mix control not only aligning your headphones frequency response to make them sound more linear but turning them into a professional studio control room with advanced psychoacoustic processing.
Although the main target of development was the use of headphones for mixing and mastering purposes, we did not forget about audiophiles, who can enjoy the enhanced fidelity and hear all the details of their favourite recordings using dSONIQ Realphones, as if they heard it on a high-end sound system. The main features and benefits:
- Headphones frequency response correction using standard curves or individually measured variables (Realphones uses standard headphone correction profiles based on averaged multiple measurements of the same headphone model or custom calibration service provided by our specialists from the dSONIQ premises in Moscow, Russia)
- Head-related transfer function (HRTF)-based binaural virtual sound source emulation
- Emulation of studio control room with far and near fields set-up based on acoustic measurements
- Increased precision over the full range of frequencies
- Enhanced control of Low Frequency range
- Selection of frequency response reproduction of different audio systems
- Flexibility of controls, giving you the possibility to adapt the sounding to match your perception
- Confident decisions when mixing in conditions where a professional studio control room is unavailable